Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Challenge Me Monday #61

Hello my dears!! I'm so proud of myself today ~ I usually check Fantabulous Cricut for their Monday challenges and always promise myself that I'm going to make time to participate in the challenge.  Then without a doubt, the time whizzes by and before you know it, it's too late to join. Well this time, I actually came home and got right down to it.  The challenge this week is to use the color blue and a cloud.  I figure since I'm on a card marathon, I would use the challenge guidelines to make a card to send to our troops~ one that he/she can use it to send home to a family member.

I made a card which measures 4.5 x 6.  Kraft cardstock from Michael's Recollection collection.  I distressed the edges with a Tim Holtz distressing tool which I bought in Virginia last month and then inked them with memento ink.  The clouds were cut from Create a Critter and embossed using the Cuttlebug and my favorite embossing folder - Swiss Dots.  They are also popped with glue dots. The blue in the card is a dog from the preloaded E2 cart - Cricut Decals.  He measures about 3.50 (I forgot to write down the size), again paper is from Michael's Recollection.  The green grass is also from Create a Critter.



I also decided to put something inside the card. So I cut a piece of white cardstock, adhered it with my 2 way zig glue and attached a piece of grass also cut from the Create a Critter. 


I wrote the following sentiment: "So blue" on the front cover and "without you" in the inside.  It doesn't show up too well but I hope you can get an idea of what it looks like.

  

Well that's all for tonight folks! ~ thanks for stopping by and go check out Fantabulous Cricut and join the fun!!

All my crafting wishes,
Jeanette