Thursday, May 26, 2011

Happy Retirement

Hello everyone...hope you are all preparing for the long holiday weekend.  I sure am looking forward to having Friday and Monday off from work...yay me!!

Now onto my post, while blog surfing I came across Challenge #15 at Celebrate the Occasion .  The challenge theme this week is "Retirement".  I opened up the first handbook I found, which turned out to be Wrap It Up, flipped the pages and decided on the car on pg.42.


All the cuts where made at 3.75.  


I cut the main image twice and used glue dots in between the layers to pop it up. 

On the top I wrapped a Martha Stewart ribbon that I bought at Michaels about 2 months ago for $1.  I also added a tag, cut from the same cart, at 1.50. The sentiment is hand written because I didn't have any stamps with the word 'retirement' on them.  I don't have a big stash of stamps, just a handful from various companies.

I also added a little bit of bling to liven things up and some white stitching here and there with my Signo pen.
On the inside I put a blank piece of ivory cardstock and attached two wheels cut at 2.25 to opposite corners.  I was tempted to write another sentiment but changed my mind.  After all, this card along with the others will be mailed to our Troops overseas and I want them to be able to use it for his/her own purpose.

I really enjoyed making this card.  I think I could get addicted to participating in challenges.  I'm definitely looking forward to more challenges. 

On a final note, I came across 'My Paper Love' and guess what? ~ Shelley is having a great giveaway:




Yep, it's the 'Simply Charmed' cartridge. Just become a follower and spread the word. You have until May 30th to join the fun. So go on, hurry up and join!!

Well, my dearies, that's all for today!!
Sending you crafting wishes,
Jeanette